Thursday, November 09, 2006

Canvas for Light -- Pin-up Exp.1 completed with photos


Today, we final our cardboard models and handout black and white photos. After last class, Nancy hoped me to do a model, improving the No.1 and No.3 models. I did not like No.1 model because it was too miscellaneous and I like No.3 for its form. However, Nancy felt it was not bad and No.3 model lacked varied factors.

So, this time, I tried to make an order which had a sequence in size, varied from big to small. This size was bound in trapezoid shape becuase this shape could be divided by triangle, in fact, it was a triangle and cut a triangle in one corner. So, it had more possibility to form a triangle volume by folding this trapezoid. Then the size of trapezoid would be reduced in half at next one. The definition of the size was the dimension of the trapedzoid, the formula was A = ( LB + UB )*H/2. So, the next one A' had fixed value - LB, A/2, unfixed value - H', UB'. I assumed UB' was UB/2 then I could get H'. I kept on generating new trapezoids by this rule.

There is one example --> (27.4+18.7)*12.4/2=(27.4/2+18.7)*H'
-> H' = 8.8

When I made this model, I tried to fold to form triangle volume whose opening was connected. But, the result seemed not very match my purpose. However, Nancy felt it was very good. She thought it had some order could be read. This order was hidden, result from its original process. She said the purpose of this exercise was focus on this controling process, therefore, the unexpected result was expected. She hoped we could find the controling process to do any model. This theory seemed contradictory but I kept it in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home